Yes, this is partially a “Dear Pumpkin Spice” letter. It wasn’t that long ago when we welcomed the cooler months with pumpkin spice everything! And what fun we had with you dear pumpkin spice. We basically sipped, baked, wore, and bathed in you… How we longed for you. But now it’s a new season and we’re itching for a change. So, we are breaking up with you, Pumpkin Spice, and quenching our thirst for Spring with some refreshing flavored waters!
By now we all know how important it is to drink water and stay hydrated. Water is beneficial to our wellbeing, so much so, that we can go longer without food than we can water. Some of the benefits of drinking enough H2O include the following:
- Relieve fatigue
- Improves your mood
- Treats headaches and migraines
- Helps digestion and constipation
- Aids weight loss
- Flushes out toxins
- Helps us regulate body temperature
- Promotes healthy skin
With so many benefits it makes sense to amp up your daily water intake. Here are some ideas to make it more exciting, fun and tasty! !
- Try an infuser – Love the taste of flavored waters but hate the fruit floating in your glass? A fruit infusing pitcher will allow you to make a large amount, up to 66 ounces worth of your favorite flavored water for the day and keep the fruit contained and the flavor in your glass. If your schedule takes you out of the house, spend your money on some organic fruit to use in your very own fruit infusing water bottle instead of buying bottled flavored waters. And you’ll be doing the environment a favor, too!
- Freeze your flavors – With summer right around the corner there are plenty of delicious fruit selections to freeze and liven up your water glass. Try…
- Watermelon Ice cubes – http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe/watermelon-ice-cubes/
- Coconut Water and fruit ice cubes – https://binnyskitchen.com/2016/08/24/coconut-water-and-mint-ice-cubes/
- Lively strawberry and basil ice cubes – http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/strawberry-basil-ice-cubes/c6f457dd-cfe9-4583-8d67-50ccf243c92f
What are you waiting for? Get into the kitchen and start chopping, freezing and drinking. Here are 7 of our favorite combinations to get you started!